Most of the people who opt for Public Administration as a subject opt for it as they are preparing for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC or other State PCS. Very few are the people who have genuine interest in solving the problems in the adminstration.
Public Administration is quite a practical subject thus the three most lucrative career options that one has are
1. Research work- which means further studies and helping in development of the subject.
2. Career in civil services.
3. Teaching- lectureship
Both career options are great and it depends on your interest. If you are genuinely interested in finding out the solutions to administrative problems then the first option along with teaching or even in isolation is a great one.
Not everyone gets a chance to serve in the prestigious civil services so if you have opted for it only because its your optional in mains then it is rather advised you switch streams in case you don’t get into the services.
WHAT TO DO REGARDING FURTHER STUDIES?
There are a number of courses that you can go for after completing masters in public administration the best of which I have enumerated as the following.
1. M.Phill in Law and Governance- this is a course offered by JNU which gives you an opportunity to study the subject in an interdisciplinary light.
2. PHD from DU which can be done under the aegis of department of Political Science.
3. PHD from Jamia Milia Islamia Unviersity.
4. M.Phill from Kurukshetra University.
For any further query regarding the subject or future options leave a comment below we will try our best to resolve the issue ASAP. I hope you found the article of some help.